Hello there!!!! You are here because you just purchase my Emily Belle Theme from my shop (if you are just looking that is okay too) … so let’s get started!
You just downloaded the theme now what? Follow these easy steps to get your theme installed in no time.
- Unzip the downloaded folder (removed items from folder)
- Login to your WordPress dashboard > Click Appearance > Click Themes
- Click upload new theme
- Install Genesis Framework (if not installed already) You must do this FIRST otherwise Emily Belle will not install correctly – once installed go to the next step
- Install Emily Belle Theme (like you did above)
- If you need a more details tutorial, read this post How To Install Your Theme
- Enjoy and follow the tutorials below on how to customize your site like the demo
- Genesis eNews Extended
- Jetpack by WordPress.com
- jQuery Pin It Button for Images
- Simple Social Icons
- WP Instagram Widget
To have the “share this” at the bottom of each post, Jetpack by WordPress.com must be activated and the sharing option has to be set up. Once set up they will automatically show up at the bottom of each post. To have it show on the home page, make sure you select “Home Page” in the “Show buttons on” area of the set up.
To get the “SEE MORE” summary to show on the home page, go to the Genesis theme settings (Genesis > Theme Settings) and scroll down to Content Archives and set up like the follow image:
If you notice that your thumbnails are not matching up correctly, install a plugin called Regenerate Thumbnails to resize your thumbnails. Don’t worry it will not effect your images, just resize the thumbnail to make it all look uniformed.
Color Codes For Theme:
- #5d5d5d (gray)
- #ffecec (pink)
Header/Logo Image Size:
- 500 × 200 pixels
Pin It Button:
To use the “pin it” button that I included in your theme, use the plugin jQuery Pin It Button for Images and set it up like the demo.
Settings > jQuery Pin It Button for Images Lite
Click Visual > Pin image > Select Custom
(upload your image and grab the URL link or use the uploader on this setup page.